Almost everyone has heard about Dalgona coffee – the new trend has become viral in all Instagrams. Now this coffee, the recipe of which has become very popular now, during the quarantine because of coronavirus COVID-19.
Dalgona coffee first appeared in India and then became a popular DIY drink in South Korea. The highlight of Dalgona coffee is that it has a very beautiful caramel whipped up foam, which is very similar to the taste of Korean candies.
Dalgona coffee – Ingredients
The best thing about this coffee drink – you can easily make it yourself! You’ll need a few ingredients for that:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 200-400 ml milk (cold or hot, any type of milk)
Dalgona coffee recipe
Another advantage of Dalgona coffee – you can make it cold and hot – the only difference is the milk temperature. In cold coffee you can add a couple of ice cubes – the best choice for hot weather!
This recipe is calculated for 1 cup of Dalgona coffee. Most importantly, you can increase the amount of ingredients if you plan to treat your friends and family with this drink. But the proportions should always be 1:1:1 (coffee, sugar, water).
- Mix coffee, sugar and hot water in a bowl using an electric mixer (believe me, this is much faster). Whisk until a fine texture of coffee, sugar and water changes the colour to light and increases in volume, about 2-4 minutes. The consistency should be similar to mousse.
- Fill the glass with two-thirds milk and place the coffee cream on top.
- Decorate it with cinnamon, crushed almond cookies or grated chocolate.
- Don’t forget to take a photo! Now you can enjoy the drink!